Thursday, December 22, 2011

Awakening

(People)
The woman goes mad.
We don't know what to do.
She moves outside structures built for her.
She speaks unpredictably and off book.
We must explain, define, label this unraveling.
Alternate plans, alternate structures must be born to contain her.
She can not be trusted.

(Woman)
I am feeling, I am honest, I am human, I am you.
I am awake, I am alive, I am here, I am now.
I am pleasure, I am pain, I am love, I am betrayal.
There is nothing to know, no plan to construct.
We do not know the beginning from the end.

(She sings)
We can run with the dawn, and make love to the night
We can dance with the beasts, and pray to the light
We can hope for our children, and give so it hurts
But one human can not keep another on earth.

2 comments:

  1. did you write this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes darling :) Miss you. I have actually used the "She sings" portion of this and completed a song around it. I may post it.

      Delete