Sunday, November 6, 2011

Home

We are home.  We are finding our rhythm.  Yesterday I ran 11 miles.  Every day the heavy snowfall holds off, feels like a final invitation to run.


Sofia's twirly skirt is almost finished, I'm working on the I cord and seams.


Today is All Saints day.  The craft project (if you chose to participate), was to make a shrine in remembrance of a loved one.  Subsequently, I spent several hours today thinking of Ben, honoring him, and connecting with others who have lost a saint.


That evening at Eucharist we brought our shrines forward and placed them around the fire pit.  It was wonderful.  


 
Repeatedly this week people surprised me.  I made assumptions (judgments), and neatly filed them away.  Only to discover (in a very undramatic fashion) I was wrong.  People are full of surprises, we are diverse, complex, and connected in more ways than we're broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment